Whether baking a chocolate & almond cake, making creamy pasta, or a salad, pine nuts might already be one of your favorite ingredients that add a unique smell and delicate flavor to your dishes. Pine nuts are a popular ingredient in many dishes, however, finding pine nuts in a grocery store can sometimes be challenging.
Normally it is not easy to find these tiny little bags of pine nuts that are hiding somewhere in some healthy products having no specific category to look out for. This article will guide you on where to find pine nuts in grocery store, how much they cost, and what stores sell them.
What Do You Know About Pine Nuts?
In case, you are doubtful, let’s understand pine nuts better. Pine nuts are the seeds of pine trees and are usually harvested from the cones of the trees. These nuts are a great source of protein, healthy fats, and vitamins. They have a slightly sweet and nutty flavor, making them an excellent addition to a variety of dishes.
How Much Do Pine Nuts Cost?
Pine nuts are unique comparatively and can be tricky to be found at local stores. These are premium nuts and are expensive compared to other types of nuts. The price can vary depending on the brand, quality, and quantity. Typically, a small bag of pine nuts can cost around $10 to $15, while larger bags can cost upwards of $30 to $40.
What Aisle Do Pine Nuts Reside In?
Grocery stores aren’t likely to have a specific nut and seed section. In some grocery stores, pine nuts can be found in the nut and seed section whereas some stores may also have them in the baking section or the international food aisle.
Pine nuts are packed in small bags or containers. So, having asked a store associate for assistance is better than having trouble locating them.
Possible Aisles To Look For Pine Nuts
- Nuts aisle: Pine nuts are often found in the nuts aisle, alongside other nuts such as almonds, walnuts, and cashews.
- Baking aisle: Some grocery stores may also stock pine nuts in the baking aisle, as they are a common ingredient in many baked goods, such as cookies and cakes.
- Ethnic foods aisle: Depending on the grocery store, pine nuts may also be found in the ethnic foods aisle, particularly if the store caters to Mediterranean or Middle Eastern cuisine.
- Bulk bins: Some grocery stores have bulk bins where you can purchase just the amount of pine nuts you need, rather than having to buy a whole package.
- Online grocery store: If you cannot find pine nuts in your local grocery store, you can try looking for them in an online grocery store. Many retailers offer delivery or pickup options for groceries, including pine nuts.
What Stores Sell Pine Nuts?
Most grocery stores carry pine nuts, including Walmart, Target, Whole Foods, Trader Joe’s, and more. However, some smaller stores may not have them in stock. If you’re unsure, call ahead to verify if they have them in stock or not.
Conclusion On Where To Find Pine Nuts In Grocery Store?
Finding pine nuts in a grocery store doesn’t have to be a daunting task. By knowing where to look, you can easily find this delicious and versatile nut. Whether you’re looking to make a homemade pesto sauce or add some crunch to your salad, pine nuts are an excellent choice. So, head to your local grocery store and start exploring!